Pumpkin clock

 


Want to create a high end piece for Fall?! Check out this stacked pumpkin clock I made recently with just a few products! 

If you’d prefer to watch my tutorial on YouTube, you can check it out here: https://youtu.be/ui9vcvpebxU



You’ll need two styrofoam pumpkins for this project. I bought a pack off of Amazon that had varying sizes, but Dollar Store foam pumpkins would work just as well. Just make sure you get a smaller one to stack on the larger one.


I also purchased this clock insert from Amazon too. Again, you can find these at Hobby Lobby or other craft stores usually. This one is 2.4 inches and fit my larger pumpkin perfectly.


Remove the stem of the larger pumpkin then lay your clock face where you are going to want it. On the back side of the clock face, there’s a battery pack. Trace around the battery pack, not the face itself. You’re gonna want your hole just big enough to pop the battery pack in.


Then I used a box cutter (you can use any sharp tool) to cut out the piece from the pumpkin that I traced.


I cut mine about 2-3 inches deep to fit my clock face so that it would fit flush with the pumpkin. Depending on your clock face, you may have to go a little deeper if your pumpkin isn’t a hallow styrofoam.


Once I had the whole cut out, I used gorilla glue gel super glue to attach the smaller pumpkin on top and I let the glue dry for about 30 minutes.


I found these Fall Leaf silicone molds on Amazon and decided they were the perfect size to decorate my pumpkin clock.


I used some Sculpey air dry clay and made a few leaves. I just guessed how many I would need and made a bunch at once.


Then I used more of my gorilla gel super glue to glue my leaves onto my pumpkins. I did a few going onto the bottom and a few going up on top, meeting them where the pumpkins were connected.


I let my clay dry overnight and then spray painted the entire thing with Rustoleum Metallic Gold spray paint. I also went over the leaves with some European Gold Rub N Buff to give it some variation and depth of gold colors. Then I just popped my clock face into the hole!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Mache Ghost Vase

Nutcracker Headless Horseman