Vintage Jumbo Clothespin Photo Holders

 I love all things vintage and antique, but you don’t have to pay “vintage/antique” prices to get the look.

If you'd like to watch the full tutorial instead of reading about it, you can find me on YouTube here:

https://youtu.be/B6GjD_wWwCc




      

You won't need a ton of materials for this project and most of the things I used are from the Dollar Store. These particular Pins came from Dollar General in the clearance section for less than a dollar each. You can find Jumbo clothespins at most craft stores though.



I started by taking my clothespins apart and laying them out. I wet my paint brush then used some brown acrylic paint that I had mixed up to "stain" my clothespins.





I just kept my paintbrush wet as I continued to brush on the paint.


Once I had the paint brushed on, I let it sit for a minute then wiped off the excess watery paint with a paper towel. I like to stain using this method since I'm not a fan of the smell of actual stain. I also like that you can make the color.


I set those aside to dry while I worked on the springs. They looked too brand new and I wanted them to look old and vintage so I used some European gold rub n buff to age them up.



After I put everything back together, I grabbed some Dollar Tree rub on transfers (these are the ones with the alphabet letters and florals).

I ended up just cutting a few of the floral ones out in sections and kind of collaging them together on my clothespins. You could really use any pretty rub on transfer or stamps for these though.


I ended up making some little photos for my holders using some little frame scrapbook paper I had on hand and some of Dollar's Tree's stamps, but you can put anything in your photo holders!


And here's how they turned out!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Mache Ghost Vase

Nutcracker Headless Horseman