Thrift Store Painting to Spooky Halloween Decor!

Fall is soon approaching (YAY!!) and it’s my favorite time of year to craft (Christmas is tied for first, I suppose!).

Whenever I think of Fall, I immediately look forward to Halloween though and this year is no different! I’ve already been crafting away, happily painting ghosts on everything!

There’s currently a cute little trend on TikTok where people are rescuing old paintings from the thrift store and painting ghosts into them for Halloween! That being said, I wouldn’t jump on this trend if you find an original REAL, possibly priceless piece of art!

Luckily, art prints are usually easily found at the thrift store and that’s was the case for this little gem I found at my local Goodwill. 


This cute little “painting” is actually just a print on a piece of cardboard and originally I bought it for the frame (oval frames are hard to come by where I live lol). It also had a stamp on the back that said “JC Penny” so I’m sure it was a mass produced piece and not a priceless heirloom.

So, I was more than happy to turn this into a spooky Halloween Painting! You can check out the quick little video I did on the process below!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Mache Ghost Vase

Nutcracker Headless Horseman